Saturday, April 9, 2011

Howdy

I know, I've been very quiet here recently. Honestly, I've been (and continue to be) a little overwhelmed. I have a whole slew of photos and stories that are sitting unwritten/unposted.

In a single week, for example we found a new place to live, set a wedding date (booking a venue and started actively planning), I started a new job (freelance, but full-time for the time being) and had a couple of school deadlines. Whew!

In the midst of it all, I'm made very aware that I'll be getting a very important dress AND want to look good in it.  Color me motivated.

There was a time in my life when I'd just go straight for starvation in times like this, but I've grown a LOT since those times. Still, it's difficult. I'm not "dieting", per se, but I am being more careful than I've been. I'm also enjoying the work-from-home diet. I keep foods on-hand that I like and that are good for me, so it's much easier to keep in control than working in an office or being out in the world and not being prepared for hunger (though I was often pretty good about keeping things at work like soups and such, but it was also really easy to go have lunch out with co-workers, get the breakfast sandwich in the morning instead of yogurt or a natural pb&j, etc).

With spring finally hitting the air here in the city, it's also easier to eat lighter. I crave healthier foods, more fresh fruits and veggies, light seafoods, etc.

Soon, we'll be all moved, I'll actually live in once place (!!) and there will be several things checked off the very big list. I'll probably poke in here now and again, but probably won't post too much until mid-May or so when I'm moved.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!