Friday, June 15, 2012

CSA Box #2

This week's haul:
  • Lettuce
  • Spinach
  • Sunchokes
  • Carrots
  • Radishes
  • Peas
  • Bok Choy
More lettuce. Ack! We still haven't completely used up last week's! Clearly, we need to up the salad consumption with all this lettuce. I'm going to have to roast some of those radishes. I can't believe it took so long to discover their true awesomeness cooked. They're milder, but still a good flavor. Of course, I'll reserve some for the zillion salads in our future. Thank goodness we like them.

I'm not a big cooked cabbage fan, so I don't tend to use bok choy for much more than slaws and other fresh preparations. It's also just not something I bother buying a whole lot. With so many greens in the house, and a plan to make a sunchoke/apple slaw, I may roast a few leaves and see if I like it better caramelized (which is how I was won over with brussels sprouts). I'm open to suggestions, too!

If you drool at the thought of a mystery box challenge of veggies each week, or just want more fresh produce in your house, it's probably not to late to support your local farm!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!