Saturday, July 21, 2012

CSA Box #7

Operation "use lettuce!" is still going on in our house. I tried a variation of summer rolls in lettuce wrap form, but it still needs some tweaking. I'm pretty sure you'll see a recipe here soon. Lettuce suggestions (beyond wraps, salads and making hats out of it) are still very much welcome here!

Earlier this week, I also did a nice warm salad of grilled bok choy and sliced (length-wise) yellow crookneck squash. I lightly dressed it with some mango balsamic vinegar, which was a nice complement to the olive oil I'd sprayed on the veggies before grilling. It was simple, quick and delicious.

This week's haul:
  • Beets
  • Blueberries (!)
  • Cucumber
  • Lettuce (luckily just one small head of lettuce)
  • Kale
  • Onion
  • Summer squash
  • Heirloom tomato (only 1 this week, but it's pretty huge- I think there are more to come)
  • Parsley
My husband, being from Maine, seems happy about the blueberries. I'm glad that the summer squash keeps on coming, in a few different forms.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!