Sunday, August 26, 2012

CSA Box #12

Or, what I should call, "More beets!". This week's box is reflecting the subtle weather changes. This is week 2 without lettuce, something that had become a weekly occurrence, and we got the addition of potatoes. I'm not always a big potato fan, but they're red potatoes and I do prefer the waxy varieties, so that made me happy. We picked up some more of those awesome heirloom eggplants at the farmer's market and already have some lamb in the freezer, so I'm thinking I'll be making some moussaka soon. We still have some summer squash that will work perfectly in that, as well. I'll be picking beets soon and I'll also post another creative use or two for those earthy red roots.

This week's haul:
  • Beets
  • Potatoes
  • Sweet Onion
  • Parsley
  • Sweet Pepper
  • Bianca Peppers
  • Hot Pepper
  • Tomatoes
  • Cucumber
  • Spinach 
Aren't these eggplants cool? I'm definitely an eggplant convert.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!