Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Louis, Louis, Oh Baby

I'm getting more spinal injections today, so my eating is liable to be a bit wonky post-lunch. I now get them done under a local anesthesia, without sedation, but they still tend to make me want to crawl in bed and sleep for a day. Luckily, I have enough quick meals on-hand, just in case I don't have the energy to prepare anything.

Lunch:
Shrimp Louis (shrimp, cherry tomatoes, orange sweet peppers, romaine lettuce- I skipped the hard boiled egg)
Low fat Louis dressing (Light mayo, sweet pickles, minced shallot, cayenne, worchestershire sauce, lemon juice, ketchup) - I grew up thinking the dressing was the same thing as Thousand Island, but learned differently when I got out into the world. It's gotta have a bit of heat. Since I didn't have chili sauce, though, ketchup and cayenne sufficed. And, yeah, with creamy dressings, I often have them on the side even at home. *It helps control the portion.

*Tip: When eating salads with calorie-laden dressings, I dip the fork in the dressing then the bite of salad. This way, I get the flavor with every bite without having to overdo it. For this instance, I only used about half of what I had allotted for myself.

Afternoon Snack:
Pomegranate and berry yogurt (Light and Fit)

Dinner will likely be posted tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!