Saturday, May 29, 2010

My Dog Ate My Homework

Okay, so I don't really have a dog. I had a somewhat elaborate post yesterday that Blogger ate. Very unfortunate, but having gotten home relatively late after a comedy show, I was ready to just call it a day, no do-overs. So, we'll just say yesterday's entry was lost in the mail. Or, rather, the "cloud".

I've been going through an interesting palate change lately. A month or so ago, I had a salad at my favorite bar (which, oddly, has some of the best salads in the city) and actually uttered the words, "too much bacon". The following day, I'd made a mushroom and turkey ham dish where I'd said, "too much cheese". These phrases are new to my vocabulary. When I plated tonight's pasta, I grabbed the tablespoon and dipped it into the grated parmesan, filling it as usual. As I was about 2/3 through sprinkling it over the pasta, I realized I didn't need any more. I can't think of a time in my life where I'd had "enough" parmesan, based on my taste buds and preference, rather than caloric concerns. Could it be my mouth is becoming a grown-up?

Breakfast:
Jamba Juice Mango Mantra (Original size). I have a soft spot for their fresh-tasting, low calorie smoothies. I had them add the multivitamin boost for good measure (since it's free anyway).

Lunch:
Cereal- half All-Bran, half Brown Rice Crispies with skim milk. Much like Seinfeld, I could eat cereal for any meal. I should have sliced a banana and added it, but it didn't occur to me until I was done.

Afternoon snack:
Cherries

Dinner:
Lemon spinach spaghetti (whole wheat). Ever since I made the shrimp pasta the other night, I've been craving another plate of nice, lemony pasta. Searching for a good protein to add, I wanted something light in flavor, so it came to me-- scrambled egg! I sauteed some spinach and tomatoes in B&B, garlic, herbs and olive oil. Once much of the liquid had cooked off, I added the eggs (Egg Beaters, in this case, so no yolks. I could have done one whole egg and two whites, though) until they were lightly scrambled, then added the lemon juice and salt. Just as everything else was together, the pasta was done cooking. I strained it and added it to the pan for a final toss together and served it with some grated parm.




Dessert:
Skinny cow fudge brownie ice cream

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!