Thursday, May 27, 2010

Sleep

I had a rough time sleeping last night. According to my Fitbit, I'd initially only slept about 4.5 hours, but I'd also been out late, so didn't get to sleep at a normal (for me) hour. Luckily, I was eventually able to get back to sleep, but that meant I woke up late enough to get breakfast in around lunch time. This threw me off today, including my eating schedule, but I think I finally got everything in. I wasn't extremely active, either, so kept things light.

Breakfast:
Banana

Lunch:
Chicken fajita salad- romaine lettuce, roma tomato, orange bell pepper, leftover chicken fajitas (cold, but warm could be good, too),  roasted tomato salsa (used as the dressing), grated reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese (just enough for flavor), topped with nonfat Greek yogurt (in place of sour cream). I'd considered turning it into a taco salad and adding some tortilla chips but (1) I didn't have any (though I could have gone to the deli across the street) and (2) it didn't need it. I loved the leftover fajitas. The flavors had married perfectly.


Afternoon snack:
I had another bowl of cherries. Mmmmmmm. I do love these little, sweet stone fruits.

Dinner:
Whole wheat thin spaghetti with shrimp, cherry tomatoes, fresh parsley, spinach, lemon garlic sauce (Brummel and Brown, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice), dusted lightly with Parmegiano Reggiano.

Since I was using leftover, pre-cooked shrimp, I made the sauce while the pasta was cooking, added the tomatoes, parsley and spinach, then added the cooked pasta. When all was hot from the pan, I turned off the heat, and tossed in the shrimp. This way, the pasta warmed the shrimp so that it wasn't overcooked. Otherwise, they can get rubbery, very quickly.


Evening snack:
I wanted a little something sweet, so had a small handful of raisins.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!