Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Oooh, Shiny

I got a very generous gift card for my birthday. After weighing my options, I decided on something that would be with me for a lifetime-- All-Clad cookware. I selected the 11" French skillet, the 3 qt. cassoulet, which are extremely practical for me, and the gorgeously indulgent lasagna pan. The lasagna pan isn't something my practical brain would have selected, but I figured the urge to practically lick it every time I saw it was an indication that it was a perfect way to spoil myself rotten. And I do love my baked pastas (though there's SO much else I can do with it, too). It's no accident that lasagna also happens to be the favorite meal of the purchaser of the gift card :-)

I can't wait to cook with it all! I'd planned on doing roast chicken last night, but when I got home I realized that not all the groceries I'd picked up had made it back with me, including a critical ingredient. I'd had a procedure on my back yesterday afternoon, so once I was home, I was not in the mood to head out again. Ah, well, there will be plenty of opportunities to use it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!