They're light, delicate and crispy... and very easy to make.
- Preheat your oven to 350F while you wash and dry the kale. Thorough drying is very important for crispy kale chips. I use a salad spinner followed by a clean towel.
- Trim the thick stems and tear into bite-size pieces, though not too small (there will be shrinkage). Try and keep them somewhat consistent in size for even cooking.
- In a large bowl, either toss with a very light coat of olive oil, or use a mister and toss to ensure they're fully coated. I prefer a mister to keep the calories down.
- Spread them on a large baking sheet and sprinkle with your favorite seasonings.
- Toast in the oven for 7-15 minutes, depending on your oven and the dryness of the kale, checking them periodically and turning as necessary.