Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Annnnd She's Back

I took a little break from posting. There wasn't much wagon-falling, just got backlogged and the catch-up was a little daunting at a certain point. Eh, it happens. At some point, I'll post some of the catch-up photos with dates.

Last night, as I made a mouthwatering barbecue chicken salad, I decided I needed to start back on the blogging. My regular camera wasn't handy (still packed from the trip during which I stopped posting), so my phone's camera had to do.

Dinner (3/23):

Grilled chicken with homemade bbq sauce (tomato sauce, tomato paste, spices, worcestershire sauce, onion, garlic, with a touch of agave nectar) over romaine lettuce and grape tomatoes that had been tossed in a light vinaigrette. I used to do this with a bit of bleu cheese dressing, but opted for a healthier creamy dressing made from Greek yogurt (0%) and fat free feta. It was tasty!

Now... onward to today...

Breakfast:

Cinnamon Harvest cereal with skim milk and sliced banana. I may be in a bit of a breakfast rut, but I have lots of cereal left. And it is a favorite.

Since I was a bit distracted this morning by my to-do list, I had a late breakfast, so no morning snack. I'd planned lunch and an afternoon snack out, too, but honestly found I just wasn't very hungry today. I promise it's not some sort of weird under-eating thing, but I just didn't have an appetite.

Dinner:
Still not very hungry, I realized I had to eat anyway. Good ol' franks and beans grow up a bit... Sugarless, vegetarian baked beans, low fat turkey hot dogs grilled and brushed with leftover homemade barbeque sauce, grilled asparagus with a squeeze of lemon juice and leftover feta/yogurt dressing. The yogurt really cools the heat from of the bbq sauce just perfectly.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!