Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Healthy-ish Junk

I was in one of those junk food kind of moods today. I wanted pizza. I wanted ice cream. I wanted to shovel chips into my mouth. I did just that, but in very limited quantities. Luckily, I'm not a big chocoholic, or it would have undoubtedly been one of those days, too.

Fasting glucose (morning): 86
Exercise: Walked for an hour and a half with an increasingly heavy load of groceries with each spot (starting with the produce market, which was the heaviest haul)

Breakfast:
Half Smart Bran, half Kashi Island Vanilla with Vanilla Soy Slender soy milk

Snack:
A small (5 chips) serving of Terra's new Exotic Harvest chips (heavy on the carrots) with plain yogurt.

Lunch:
Small cheese pizza with low fat cheese and 100% whole grain crust (next time I'll bake it rather than microwave- the cheese melted into the sauce and the crust texture was obviously that of having been microwaved)
Salad with romaine lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers and balsamic vinaigrette


Afternoon snack:
Low fat, sugar-free Breyers ice cream with fresh strawberries

Dinner:
Turkey, tomato basil hummus, tomato, lettuce on light multi-grain bread and a handful of baby carrots

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!