Thursday, September 23, 2010

Eggsellent

I've been craving poached eggs for a few days. I love a perfectly poached egg-- the saucy, creamy yolk blending with whatever it touches. I even bought half a dozen of real eggs (I usually just buy a carton of whites) in preparation. Today was the day.

Breakfast:
Eggs Benedict Arnold:
Named because I feel like a culinary traitor not using Hollandaise sauce, but it's not exactly the healthiest thing in the world. In its place, I added sliced cheddar between the egg and Canadian bacon, just thin enough to melt from the heat of the egg. I was tempted to butter the toast, but once the yolk is broken, I really don't need it. It occurred to me after eating that I didn't get a veggie in there. I should have added a florentine element of spinach, but I'll remember next time. How I do love me some poached eggs! The toast looks a little dry, but that's on purpose. The yolk more than makes up for a lack of butter.


Lunch:
Turkey hot dog on whole wheat bun with ketchup, mustard and relish and a side of salad (lettuce, tomato, cucumbers)

Dinner:
Baked apple multi-grain, sourdough stuffing with chicken tenders and a side of asparagus.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!