Thursday, November 11, 2010

Operation Pantry Roundup, Day 7

Pantry items used:
Whole wheat penne
Bob's Red Mill 10-Grain Hot Cereal

Breakfast:
Bob's Red Mill 10-Grain Hot Cereal with thawed frozen peaches

Snack:
Apple

Lunch:
Scrambled egg sandwich
Edamame

Dinner:
A somewhat-failed attempt at mac and cheese, but it did taste okay.

I usually bake my mac and cheese, but tried my hand at doing a sauce-based dish. In the sauce, I had low fat sharp cheddar, goat cheese, carrot puree, skim milk, B&B, dry mustard and black pepper. I garnished with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese. I added a bit too much carrot, so the sauce wasn't as smooth as I intended and looked a little odd. It tasted good in the end, but I need to do some tinkering next time I make it. At least it was tasty.

Evening snack:
Popcorn with sea salt

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!