Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Operation Pantry Roundup, Days 4-6

I've been slowly whittling down the pantry items. I made chili on Sunday, a small pan of gingerbread Monday and an egg noodle dish yesterday (see tonight's dinner below). I've also had leftovers of the noodle dish and the chili.

Pantry items used since Sunday:
Dried kidney beans
TVP (textured vegetable protein- in the chili)
A carton of chopped tomatoes (Pomi)
Whole wheat pastry flour
Molasses
Splenda
Whole wheat egg noodles
Oats (in the gingerbread and in oatmeal)

Fasting glucose: Oops, I forgot this morning, but it's been within normal range the past couple of days. I'm averaging about 105 these days. It's higher than I'd like, but at least it's stable.

Breakfast:
Oatmeal with thawed frozen berries and a spoon full of Ideal brown sugar sub

Lunch:
Veggie burger on wheat bread with ketchup.

Snack:
Apple (macoun, I think)

Dinner:
Egg noodles with mushrooms, B&B, canadian bacon, white cheddar and chopped spinach, along with a small glass of malbec.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!