Monday, December 6, 2010

'Tis the Season to Drink Coffee

I'm usually more of a tea drinker than coffee; mostly because I prefer my tea with nothing in it and I like coffee light and sweet. Also, I don't like drinking caffeine. In the winter, though, I love a good gingerbread latte. The espresso isn't as important, regular coffee will do, so I figured I could just figure it out. Well, I did:

A cup of coffee (decaf, for me)
A few drops of molasses
Brown sugar substitute (Ideal)
A few drops of vanilla extract
Cinnamon
Ginger (I used grated fresh, but powdered would be fine, too)
Skim milk

Yummy! Perfectly satisfying and, if I do say so myself, better (not to mention healthier) than what you'd get at that famous coffee place and its pre-made syrup. The molasses does it.

Boring food day, otherwise. I started off with cereal and a banana, grilled cheese for lunch, a tangerine for a snack, and leftover risotto for dinner.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!