Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Taco Redux

Remember that casserole I made from Cinco de Mayo leftovers? Oh, it was good.



It used up every bit of leftovers, including tortillas. This is how I layered it (bottom to top):

Mexican rice (brown rice, of course)
Chopped tomatoes (leftover from making the rice)
Corn tortillas (single layer- to absorb any extra juice from the tomatoes)
Garbanzo & mushroom mixture
Refried beans (spicy!)
Fresh tomatoes
Radishes (Yes, radishes! They're mild and sweet when cooked)
Chopped parsley
Cheddar cheese (light)

If I'd made meaty tacos, I'd have added the filling in the same place I added the garbanzo/mushroom mixture.


It ended up perfectly moist, but not wet. I served it with a simple green salad and it made for a good, nutritious, comforting meal that was extremely quick.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!